Facilitator Certification Training
A Guide to Strengths-Based Planning to Improve Student Outcomes
The Mosaic Learning Center is offering a Student Summit Facilitator Certification Training for anyone interested in learning how to coordinate a Student Summit. The Mosaic Student Summit is a planning tool designed to help teams engage in long-range planning for students, focused on amplifying strengths and supporting areas of challenge.
The Mosaic Student Summit is founded on the premise that we excel by amplifying strengths not by simply fixing weaknesses. Stories that highlight students’ moments of greatest success and joy in learning, whether academically or socially, offer invaluable insight for creating effective and meaningful instruction. Inevitably the images that arise from these stories are impactful, memorable and help us personally connect to a more focused purpose. By entering the design of students programs through a gateway of strength, we are able to more holistically support areas of challenge.
Why should you do a summit?
- When your team needs clarity and direction in future program planning.
- When students are at critical transition points, or milestone junctures like changing grade levels or schools, graduating or moving into adult services.
- Strengthen relationships among team members, or introduce new members to the team.
Participants will learn
- Foundational practices of Appreciative Inquiry
- Principles of strength-based program design
- How to facilitate an engaging student summit
- How to integrate the outcomes of the summit into student IEPs and treatment plans
Sign up below and we’ll add your email address to our list. We hope you can join us!